Reporting to the Operations Manager and in collaboration with the other supervisor(s), the incumbent’s main responsibilities will be:
- Lead, coach and mobilize operations employees on their respective shift
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, standards and regulations in the warehouse and actively participate in improving those (SST, BRC, HACCP, etc.)
- Participate in the management of disciplinary files and complaints in collaboration with the management and human resources services
- Conduct accident investigations and participate in the analysis.
- Participate in corrective measures implementation
- Proactively acting in identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Provide prompt, efficient and courteous service to clients
- Ensure that employees have received training and information necessary to perform their work
- Communicate relevant information to the other shift(s)
- Check receipts and shipments to ensure the accuracy of information required
- Ensure that pictures are taken as needed (shipping & receiving products, damaged equipment, etc.)
- Conduct investigations as needed in the facility’s WMS system(s)
- Actively participate in reaching the objectives and work on the continuous improvement of performance;
- Approve employees’ hours assigned to the shift;
- Work with various reports
- Work in collaboration with other team members;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Training and professional experience
- Collegial study diploma or relevant experience
- Experience with managing a team of employees;
- Or any equivalent combination work/studies.
- Required skills
- Leadership and initiative;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Planning and work organization;
- Priority management;
- Sense of analyze and problem solving;
- Judgment and decision-making;
- Customer service orientation;
- Communication skills (tact and diplomatic);
- Attention to detail (rigor).
Requirement for hiring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge (MS-Office, email, Internet Explorer, etc…);
- Knowledge of HACCP standards (asset);
- Health and safety knowledge;
- Availability to make replacements if needed.